Daddy, Alan, & Katie

Daddy, Alan, & Katie
Camping in the Family Room

Monday, October 18, 2010

Great Day and a Great Game

Another great day in our little world.  Alan had a great day at school today.  He came home and did his reading program and then we played a few games.  After a few games I told him I needed to do some paperwork so I laid on the floor with my paperwork and began to work.  He came and laid right next to me slipped his hand between my arms and snatched my phone.  He loves playing Angry Birds on my iPhone.  So we laid next to each other me doing my paperwork and him playing a game.  I want to say this moment was priceless.  I had a friend ask today if I ever thought Alan would be where he is today.  After the diagnosis I set so many short and long term goals so that I had something to strive for.  He has met all my goals faster than I would have thought.  My ultimate goal was for him to eat and communicate and he is flourishing with that.  My next goal was for him to go to Kindergarten and he worked so hard and met that goal.  I was asked what do I want now and that is for him to no longer need therapy and just be a kid.  I know he will meet this goal and I look forward to that day because I think that deserves a big party. 

We had a soccer game tonight and he had so much fun.  He interacts so well with his team.  He talks and laughs with them.  It is amazing to see him socialize and interact with other children.  He brings joy and laughter to everyone he meets.  He is a joy to me and I look forward to everyday with him.  I just love when he talks because he makes me laugh at least twice a day.  He has a great personality and I am so happy he shares it with everyone.

Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment