Daddy, Alan, & Katie

Daddy, Alan, & Katie
Camping in the Family Room

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Been Awhile

Well let's say it has been quite a while since I posted on my blog.  Lots of things have happened.  We are still living in Charleston, SC until the end of the school year.  Currently selling our home which is not going so well but I am sure we will sell it eventually.  Other than that we are doing great.

I am currently 14 weeks pregnant with our 3rd child and due February 2, 2012.  Alan and Katie are excited and both are looking forward to their new baby brother or sister.  Alan wants a brother and Katie wants a sister.  I am sure they will be happy with either one.  Alan has decided on two names Ethan or Lucas and Katie has decided on Joy or Ally.  Of course we parents will choose the final name but at least they get a say in the choices.

Alan is doing great in everything.  He still continues at home ABA and speech and doing awesome.  We are hoping one more year and he will be finished with both.  He will be attending an Art Infused school this year which we are totally excited about.  It's a lottery school and his number was not picked during the drawing in May 2011.  I received a call on our way home from vacation in June saying there was a spot open and of course I took it.  His best friend also got in as well so that will make the transition go smoothly.  He will be in Mrs. Miles 1st grade classroom.  He is fully mainstreamed with only pull outs for speech.  So excited that we dropped all other services and moved them to indirect for the teacher and to keep an eye on his progress.  He is super excited about the new school and his new teacher.  We go tomorrow to open house and he keeps saying he is so excited to meet his teacher.  So happy he is taking this big change with ease.  Other than that he is doing awesome.  Writing and reading up a storm.  We started the Magic Tree House books and we are on #10.  He loves these books.  I cannot believe how much he has grown and improved.  He is turning 6 next week on the 16th.  We are throwing him a Star Wars Water Slide Party.  Again he is super excited.  I am such a lucky mom to have such a wonderful loving son.

Katie is doing great too.  She is starting school on Monday and will be attending St. Timothy's 5 days a week.  Trying to prepare her for Kindergarten next year.  We might be moving north and she can attend Kindergarten because their age cut-off is September 30th.  My baby girl is turning 4 on September 10th.  I have no idea where the time has gone to.  She is doing great.  She is into Barbie's right now and really excited about the baby.  I am such a lucky mom to have such a wonderful daughter.  She has been a blessing.  Even though she has her Princess moments on a daily basis but that is just a girl thing.  Not looking forward to the teen years but I am sure she will keep us busy.

I am going to end my blog.  I could probably go on and on about everything that has happened in the last few months but I won't.  The summer was awesome.  We did so many new things and it was so nice to enjoy everyone one of them.  The only drawback is my husband is not here to enjoy them with us due to his deployment.  Such a wonderful and devoted Daddy.  We miss him everyday and look forward to the homecoming.  We love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment