Daddy, Alan, & Katie

Daddy, Alan, & Katie
Camping in the Family Room

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Family Update

Well its been a few months.  I am now 25 weeks pregnant with our 3rd and final child.  It's a Boy!  His name will be Lucas Michael De Gorostiza.  Alan is excited because he got to pick the name.  Katie was a bit upset at finding out we were having a boy and went through I do not like boys stage.  Two days ago she told me and Alan that she loves boys now and loves Lucas.  She loves to tell him stories and give lots of hugs and kisses.  Alan is excited about getting a baby brother and cannot wait to meet him.  My husband is excited about our growing family is wanting to be home so bad with us.  He just has over 3 months left on his deployment then we will see him again.  I am hoping he will make it to the birth of Lucas if not my mom will be here.  My mom is the best.  I love how much I can depend on her and I love the way she listens.  She is the best mother anyone could have.  She has given up so much of herself to helping others and I admire her for that.  As a mom, I had the best role model anyone could have asked for. She taught me strength and gave me courage which helped so much.  I am so glad that she taught me to never give up no matter what others say.  Will be glad to have her here for a month with us.  The kids are so excited that Granny is coming to stay with us.  They would love it if she would move in with us but I think her husband would not like that very much.

As far as the kids go they are doing great.  They are staying busy and keeping Taxi mom busy too.  Alan has adjusted well to his new school and has made many friends.  He is 6 now and loves 1st grade.  His teacher is a wonderful person and I love how cooperative and communicative she is.  It's nice to have someone who wants the best for Alan as much as I do.  Alan is playing soccer now and doing awesome.  He is aggressive in a good way and gets that ball.  He has scored several times over the season and I just love it that he loves playing soccer.  He started Taekwondo in September and loves it.  I am so happy he loves it.  I thought he would not like it but again he shocked me and loves it.  He wants to do Boy Scouts too but I told him lets wait till we move to Virginia and he and his dad can do that together.  I do not believe I would like to go camping in a tent pregnant.  I would do it but it would be nice for him and his dad to have something to themselves.   Again, Alan is doing awesome.  Report cards come out next week and then I have a conference with his teacher.  The teacher said he is doing great which is all I need to hear.

Now my little princess.  She is 4 now and a little princess she is.  I would have loved our baby whether its a boy or a girl but when the sonographer said its a boy I was even happier.  Once princess is enough in the family.  She is the perfect middle child too.  I know its a stage at least I hope it is with all the drama but I love her so much.  She is such a big help to me and I know when the baby comes she will be even a bigger help.  Alan will help too but she is such a little mommy.  She takes care of her brother and I a lot.  As for school, we just had a conference with both her teachers and they both say she is doing well and should have no issues starting kindergarten next year.  Moving to VA, next year will allow her to start Kindergarten unlike here in SC she could not.  I think she is ready and she is all ready talking about how much fun it will be.  My kids truly love school which is nice.  Katie also plays soccer and is taking Ballet and Tap.  She is doing well in both and just loves to dance.  I am hoping when we move we can find the same avenues for both kids.

We have had a rough week last week and I am hoping this one continues to be a good one.  So far so good.  I am doing good.  I actually got involved in Alan's school with helping a new friend with the carnival.  It was a lot of fun but tiring.  The school did extremely well on the fundraising and I am glad I was a part of it even though it was a small part.  I love being involved in the kids school.  I am hoping Alan's teacher will allow me to come in and volunteer some time in the classroom.  I just love seeing my son learn and interact with all his peers.  It is so rewarding seeing how far he has come.  I cannot believe we are coming up on 4 years since Alan's diagnosis.  Everyday I wake up I thank God that he has made such a huge improvement.  He has worked so hard to be where he is today.  He is the hardest working child I have ever seen and has an abundance of joy and energy to keep going.  By the end of the school year we have decided to end ABA for him and let him just be a kid.  I am hoping we can stop Speech as well.  I was told almost 4 years ago that he might never talk or function as an individual and now he just simply amazes me.  To go from hearing that to hearing he will be able to function as an individual just makes me ecstatic.  I remember that day when the doctor said that and I turned to her and said you do not know my son or my family.  He will rise above this and he will talk, socialize, play, and function as an individual.  We will never give up on that.  Of course he went a little faster than I could keep up with.  He took off like a comet and has not stopped yet.  I know he will continue to fly and will continue to shock me but I love it every time I get that little surprise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment